Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Jam Session

-Bill on alto sax/ flute
-Kenta on trumpet
-Andres on bass
-Yuki on drums
-Wes on Piano

Bill and Andres were blown away by Yuki's playing, hopefully its enough to keep them coming back to play with us b/c I had a great time with everyone tonight, we went from 630-1130pm. Kenta seemed a little down, his mood seemed to take dip as soon as Andres and Bill showed up. Was he intimidated? Hope that he is okay with how things are going, mentioned to me in private that he'd prefer to play songs that were less 'common' and therefore didn't much care to play A Night in Tunisia. Hope he comes around. I love that song and I think the rest of guys do too.

Songs we played:
-A Night in Tunisia
-Autumn Leaves
-Nica's Dream
-Moanin'
-All the Things You Are
-Wave

After Kenta and Yuki left, Bill, Andres and I sat around and played for another hour, but at much slower tempos and more stress placed on building our improvising, had some discussion about approaching our development. I hope we keep doing that. It was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home