Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Friday, January 05, 2007

McCoy Tyner Quartet at Yoshi's


-went with Margot, Ravi and his girlfriend, Narali
-McCoy Tyner, Christian McBride, Joe Lovano (tenor), Jeff Tain Watts
-Tain Watts and McBride tore it up
-a bit disappointed with Tyner's performance, mainly just huge block chord solos, not as much in the way of melodic improvisation (not as much as he was in his prime at least)
-only saw one set (8pm) as the other one (10pm) had sold out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home