Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

David K. Matthews at Yoshi's


-went w/ Brandon, his girlfriend Erin and her friends Lauren and Nathan (went to Africa to live for a few months)
-David K. Mathews on organ, Mel Martin on Tenor Sax and flute, Akira Tana on drums, and Barry Finnerty on Guitar
-amazing!!! high energy jazz blues.
-I was blown away, haven't been that musically high from a live concert in a very long time; played for almost two hours! was still 'buzzed' from the concert an hour later, only wished I could have stayed to see them play the second set but Brandon and his gf had to go.
-Everyone kicked ass, and the admission fee was only ten dollars!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home