Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Eddie Palmieri y La Perfecta II at Yoshi's



-went with Brandon and his friend Robin
-very very loud, my ears felt like they were going to burst, had to keep them covered for most of the show.
-high energy, danceable salsa music for most of the show
-Herman Olivera, great singer, dancer
-their flute player and tromobone player took most of the solos, which were usually quite short, arranged to fit within the danceable salsa context
-some badass conga and bongo solos
-Eddie looks like he's getting a bit old, has aged quite a bit compared to his last picture.
-free drinks from Robin, who seemed to know how to get her way with the management at Yoshi's, enjoyed being the center of attention, and flaunting her powers of control over the male bartenders there; was laying it on a bit too thick if you ask me; but a free drink is a free drink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home