Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Basslines

Was playing around over a Bb blues, still getting used to straight walking a left handed bassline in that key, decided to forget that for a while and focus on my right hand 's action. Ended up falling into a neat little groove while hitting only the roots and leaving a lot of space in between. It's good to experiment in other keys, forces me to open up more while as I figure out how to get around the technical problems. Prevents me from getting too comfortable in one style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home