Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

John Coltrane Tribute Concert at Mondavi


-went with Brandon and his friend Chu
-first set featured the Ravi Coltrane Quartet; very modern, spiritual, modal-sounding tunes; some songs played included Giant Steps, One Wheel Willie, After the Rain
-second set featured Roy Haynes with his group 'Fountain of Youth' ; very hard swingin', that Roy Haynes is an animal, 81 years old; young Chinese bassist, had great piano player. must find the names; started off the set with a Monk tune, also played Naima. Some originals too I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home