Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Kenny Garrett at Yoshi's


Kenny Garrett
With Special Guest Bobby Hutcherson
Nat Reeves - Bass
Jamire Williams - Drums
Benito Gonzales - Piano



-went with Bill Vanderbilt and Gautam
-played music from his latest album, Beyond the Wall
-very avante-garde, modal stuff, very intense
-only got to see one show, the box office guy was being stuffy about it.
-That Benito Gonzalez was awesome, had the McCoy Tyner thing going on and it was great. Of course, Garrett smoked. Hutcherson was just a straight-up badass, no foolin' around, just like last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home