Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

More on Practice

I've been neglecting my diatonic studies in favor of more 'outside' sounding devices; Time to adjust for that:

Diatonic Patterns (need to be worked out in major and melodic minor keys; in the future, over the whole tone and diminished scales?):
-in thirds
-in fourths
-triads
-seventh chords

Diatonic Clusters
-thirds
-fourths

Need to work on my use of non-extension type chords; How to transition during the form from rooted to rootless and so forth? Is it possible to do it without sounding too out?

Chords:
-2-handed spread is tricky, need to start moving the chords through their inversions and so forth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I may have some help for you soon on the rootless stuff.

8:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home