Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Embellishments


Have decided that my current plan for practicing chord tone embellishments might be too ambitious for such an early stage in my development; instead of outlining the whole arpeggio at once, I will begin by practicing a pattern that starts on a particular degree of the chord and then transpose that pattern throughout the 12 keys. Hopefully will prevent me from getting stuck on just one key, will move on to longer patterns with multiple chord tones once I am more comfortable with embellishing just one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home