Here I will try my best to record any and all happenings in my life that I feel are of relative importance to my personal growth as a jazz listener/performer. This will include, but is not limited to: my attendance at live performances, educational encounters with teachers/mentors/etc., personal discoveries, goals, challenges, difficulties, successes, jam sessions, transcriptions, etc etc etc.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Jazz Combo Auditions Oct 1st 9pm

Attended rhythm section auditions held by Mike McMullen in Music 105, didn't participate. Lots of drummers, only one guitarist (T), one pianist (Nick couldn't make that time). The drummers were great, the first kid, (Benny) still in high school was very tight and on top of his game, no hesitation with any of Mike's requests. Got a lot of phone numbers that night from drummers. T played Blue Bossa, it was nice. The pianist, Terry something or other, was this older guy maybe in his 40's, he was kicking ass, I didn't think it was fair that he was allowed to audition, him being a professional gigging musician/teacher and all but he was good and I know I'm still not ready to get with an ensemble like that. Maybe next year my ear will be good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home